in the area
We are on the doorstep of the Peak District National Park and surrounded by local attractions for guests to explore.
Whether you would like try wind surfing on Carsington or a less energetic stole through historic Ashbourne, we are centrally located for many attractions.
Not only do we have a great view of Carsington Water, we are only 3 miles from the Ashbourne town centre.
From the farm, there are walking, cycle routes and bridleways meaning you can explore the area without getting in to your car.
On an early evening, you can walk to our local village pub the 'The Red Lion' (1.5 miles 30 minutes walk) which serves great food and Kniveton produced cider!
For groups, we can recommend a range of activities depending on your group needs.
Take a look at lots of local events in the area listed by month on visitpeakdistrict.com
below are a few ideas of local attractions:
- National Trust properties Ilam Hall, Sudbury Hall and Kedleston Hall and Calke Abbey
- Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall
- Heights of Abraham at Matlock
- Cycle Hire and routes Carsington Water
- Walking & Hiking routes
- Tissington Trail
- Monsal Trail
- Manifold Track
- Farmers Markets at Leek, Bakewell, Wirksworth, Buxton
- Award winning Denstone Farm Shop, The Cottage Kitchen Country Café - Bottomhouse, Croots Farm Shop & Café
- Outdoor Activities and Pursuits including Wild Park Derbyshire
- Alton Towers (discounted tickets can be purchased here)
- Local Course and Trout Fishing
- Plenty of local pubs and restaurants, here are a few: The Red Lion, Lamplight Resturant and Red Lion Inn
For ideas and guides for walks near to us take a look at: https://www.10adventures.com/